Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wondering: Stream of Subconciousness II - GRACE

confused, enraged, talented, desperate, Facebook, Gibberishwishes, Grace, Hugh MacLeod, Stream of subconsciousness, Twitter(click on photo to enlarge) In a hitherto bookthrough rides a crazy demon. Lord knows his ways, manifestations - center blocked triology - all of the above methinks. There's a blather in my matter and I can't get it, get it, get it - out. Phone off. Needless be the neverminds. Question me to make me blind. I am home now. Writing in the void. ComfortableNothingnessThatMeansTheWorldToMe. So peace becomes. Another birthday past. Can You Spot Rejection? Man said if I didn't get rich by now I am shit. I told about enjoyment, satisfaction, success. He said BS. Back to my hole. Happy in the dark somedays. HappyInTheHope that bounds across the mounds. Witherbe. Simplicity. Look to Facebook for inspiration?: " Marcofantyn Alfonso : I've learned that there are people who will hurt you if you let them - ( even if you don't let them ) ..my simple approach : I PREFER TO CUT OFF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO USE ME , TAKING GRANTED ,TO HURT ME ,rather than continue to give them chances again to go on inflicting pain...life way to short to known such character :)" Or maybe it's Hugh Macleod, from his most recent cartoon above. Or maybe I just need to increase my Twitter activity. Confusion begone. Search for grace.

Grace:

I love the grace of a silk line on a sharp hip
or a wide-brimmed hat on a fair skinned lass.

I love the grace that comes with age making pale the brashness of youth
or the grace of gentle breeding that allows a person to know more than others
yet not behave that way.
I love the grace that rewards substance over style
because making that decision can sometimes be very unpopular.

And I love the grace that grows between couples
when attraction has grown into adoration
has grown into comfort has grown into fulfillment
has grown into unspoken and complete confidence.
Grace can be acquired but not taught.
It can be given but not taken.

Grace can dry tears and calm fears.

Grace is the only virtue that spreads itself evenly
throughout the generations
choosing only to reside in those pure of mind and spirit
oblivious to past sins.







2 comments:

  1. Amazing Grace David! The devil is surely in the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly fucking hope so James. Pass this Grace around. I think we all could use a bit! But didn't Mies Van derRoh say that "God was in the details"?

    ReplyDelete

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.