Monday, June 23, 2008

"Why do they lock gas station bathrooms?" he once mused. "Are they afraid someone will clean them?"

Dear George;

Thank you. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for making me think. Thank you for making the Supreme Court laugh, and rule in your favor. Thank you for those 7 words. I was fortun
Art Buchwald, Cheech and Chong, Ernie Kovacs, H.L. Mencken, George Carlin, Steve Martinate enough to have seen you twice on the heals of Cheech and Chong and you were positively brilliant. Thank you for teaching me that comedians plant microphones on stands in the audience to capture the laughter and recirculate it through the P.A. Thank you for being part of my coming of age, along with MAD Magazine, Cheech & Chong, Art Buchwald, H.L. Mencken, Steve Martin and Ernie Kovacs. And thank you for book-ending my 52nd birthday. George Denis Patrick Carlin, May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008. And thank you for this bit of critical thinking on America and our government.
blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.