Sunday, November 14, 2010

Post 400

Post 400, wild wild east dailies, Seth Godin, Hugh MacLeod, Huffington Post, Technorati, Welcome to post 400. No candles. No fireworks. No band. No nothing. It's just work. And joy. And dedication.

That's what people don't understand about the Internet and social marketing. It's called do the work, shut up and sit down. If I had a dime for everyone who asked me how I do what I do, I'd be a wealthy man - but all I can tell them, is if they only did 10% of what I do, they'd be in a whole lot better shape than they are now. (and yes, they bitch and moan about that). Babies.
The Wild Wild East Dailies is now rated #29,626 in the world - and in a world of over 100 million blogs we feel good.

But not that good. Our Technorati ranking is at 125. Okay, let's give that some perspective. The Huffington post is #1 at a ranking of 935. Seth Godin, a certified marketing guru and ten times published author gets 757 and my friend, Hugh MacLeod, a one time published author, scores a 535. Do I feel bad? No. Most blogs don't bust above a five. We're on our way. Happy 400! Want to score? You do the work. And I'll work on getting that book published.

blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.