Thursday, April 1, 2010

Molds: The Travis Diaries XXIV




"If I don't fit into the mold, maybe the mold doesn't fit me." - Travis




A few years ago my creative director at Bozell, Ron Fisher, was giving me some advice about winning awards in the advertising business.
"If the judges aren't appreciating what you do", he said, "maybe you need to find different judges"
. With that, I entered some smaller competitions, won a few things, and that gave me the confidence to go back to the big leagues and do quite well.




For more in the Travis Diaries, check here:

Sex: The Travis Diaries I

I'm a man, DAMMIT: The Travis Diaries II
Love: The Travis Diaries III
Tiger: The Travis Diaries IV
Ambivelence: The Travis Diaries V
Advertising People & Blogs: The Travis Diaries VI
What's Left?: The Travis Diaries VII
Year of the Tiger: The Travis Diaries VIII
She said: The Travis Diaries IX
Dreams: The Travis Diaries X

A Bad Day: The Travis Diaries XI
Svengali? The Travis Diaries XII
My Way: The Travis Diaries XIII





blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.