Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dear Technorati & Guy Kawasaki: WTF?


Riddle me this Batman? Why, twice in the last two weeks, have I been credited with mentioning both Guy Kawasaki's blog and Kevin Miller's blog by Technorati? Why are
both these people getting Guy Kawasaki, Japanese American, Blogger, Apple, How to change the world, Amerasian, Technoratia "blog reaction" from me when I haven't written a darn thing about either of them recently? Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against either man and I don't think there's anything nefarious going on but Technorati.com, the self proclaimed authority on blog tracking, seems to think that I am mentioning stories from both these guys in my blog and that, just simply, hasn't happened. Here's the link to Guy Kawasaki's blog that I supposedly mentioned.

As always his blog is interesting but I didn't say squat about this post...and www.Technorati.com sez I did. Hmmm. Here's also a link to Kevin Miller's blog.

Now, Mr. Kawasaki and I have never met, although we do have a mutual friend in Hugh MacLeod, but Kevin Miller and I did work together at American International School (AIS) this summer.

So here's the riddle: Is it possible to actually "manufacture" a perceived reference to an article or has Technorati messed up in some way? The reason I ask is that these "false positives" contribuGuy Kawasaki, Kevin Miller, American International School Saigon Vietnam, Japanese American, Blogger, Apple, How to change the world, Amerasian, Technorati, Linux, Open Source, saigonezumi, Vietnam bloggerste to the said blog owner's "authority" rating on Technorati, thus making them more "popular" in terms of reference rating. Now I doubt that either one of these guys gives a damn, as both of their blogs are rated so, so much higher than mine but I'm asking myself, "So what do I get out of this deal?" And the answer is "O", zip, nada, sQuat with a capital Q!

And here's the kicker! By writing this post, I AM actually giving both these guys a reference! Damn. I think they should both give me a big fat Nuclear kiss!

For more on blogs, blogging and bloggers, check here:

Advertising People & Blogs - The Travis Diaries VI
How to Write the Best Damn Blog in the World
Throw That Blog a Bone!
If Blogs Are Free Are They Worthless?
What If Gutenberg Had a Blog?
If You Like the Blog, Read the Book>/a>
2008 Annual Report - The Wild Wild East Dailies
Blog Redesign WWED
BarCamp Saigon 2008
Attraction vs. Conversion - How to Power Your Blog
Are the Bloggerati Missing the Market?










blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.