Monday, December 7, 2009

How To Write The Best Damn Blog In The World II

Blog, Blogger, Blogging, Billy Crystal, Danny DiVito, SEO, Hits, Pageviews, Money, I've got the secret punks, but do you think I'm gonna tell it to you? Hell no! If I've got the secret to the word's coolest , most traffic generating, most awesome, most digitally-ever-inspiring blog, do you think I'm gonna tell you without a dime? Fark no. I've got a matrix of metrics that you can masticate on for the next millenium and I'm not givin' up until I hear 'CA-CHING', about as loud as the Niagra Friggin' Falls (yes, that's a proper name). So give it up folks. Right here, before I tell ya'll.








Now are you ready?





































Whoa cowboy. I haven't that happy 'Ca-CHING' yet.
























My hand's at my ear... I'm listenin' ...































But I'm not hearin' anything ...


















Scroll summore, Cheap Charlie
(that's a proper name in Vietnam)



























Ok. You've paid enough. At least in time and frustration.




Here's the answer:


W r i t e.


And then write more. Check the top 100 blogs on Technorati or any other rating site and you'll find they all have one thing in common. Bloggage. Quantity. One post a day or more than one post a day. Here at the Wild Wild East Dailies we're slacking a bit and only committed to three posts a week. But that's what I feel I can do comfortably and with a modicum of quality. A better writer might could do more.

But that's the secret. It's called
'writing'.

I recall a quote from the film
'Throw Mamma From The Train' with Danny DiVito and Billy Crystal. Crystal is a writing teacher at a small city college and he has a mantra by which he encourages his class everyday.

"A writer writes", he says. "A writer writes".

That's the secret.



For more on blogs, blogging and bloggers, check here:

Advertising People & Blogs - The Travis Diaries VI
How to Write the Best Damn Blog in the World
Throw That Blog a Bone!
If Blogs Are Free Are They Worthless?
What If Gutenberg Had a Blog?
If You Like the Blog, Read the Book
2008 Annual Report - The Wild Wild East Dailies
Blog Redesign WWED
BarCamp Saigon 2008
Attraction vs. Conversion - How to Power Your Blog




For more on digital marketing and social networking see:

Xing vs. LinkedIn: Round II
Trial and Error: The New Normal
What's Wrong With My Social Networking? Xing vs. LinkedIn I
Low Tech Germany. Who Knew?
Advertising People and Blogs
How to Write the Best Blog in the World
What If Gutenberg Had a Blog?
If Blogs Are Free Does That Make Them Worthless?
Detri-Viral Marketing II: The Top 10 Social Media Blunders
Bright Lights, Big Internet and the WWED
Saigon Digital Marketing Conference Successfully Avoids Plumbers Convention
A Tale of Many Marketing Conferences
Detri-Viral Marketing I: How Web 2.0 Can Go Against A Brand
Marketing Predictions for 2009
Barcamp Saigon 2008
"Ignore Everybody" is Born: A Plug for Hugh MacLeod
Are the Bloggerati Missing the Market? Asia has Risen,
Into the Gapinvoid - Web 2.0 Social Networking Born 20 Years Ago


blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.