Monday, November 16, 2009

Wir verfehlen Sie Michael Jackson! Oh, Michael, we hardly knew ye... Nothing Much Happened (XV) In München Today

And who would have thunk, that MJ would have been a fixture here in Germany, and in Munich of all places. I posed earlier this year on his death while I was in Dalat on a rebirth of my own but I never would have considered that his passing would have made a blip on the radar here. Wrong. Here a photo at the base of a statue of Orlande de Lassus who was evidently a very famous composer who died in 1594 (thanks to RCNevada for the info here) , redecorated to be a shrine to Jackson, and a woman mourning on a quiet afternoon here in Deutschland. Even when MJ dies, MJ lives. I found it touching. Many of you will have noticed lately that a friend of mine has had a dimming of life as of late, and so I ask you to all please say a prayer for her. I do every night. She has taken up the guantlet of her issues and tackled them head on. She dissed MJ at his death for being weak and unable to control his life or finances. May we all gain strength from him and move forward. This is it. The first day of the rest of our lives. Click on the photo to see it larger. It really is touching.




blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.