Monday, December 27, 2010

Go Vietnam Airlines! The Mile High Club Lives!

Vietnam Airlines, Vietnam Air, Golden Lotus, Frequent Flyer Program, Mile High Club, Nearly a year and a half after having joined the Vietnam Air Golden Lotus frequent flier club and coming 99.9% close to having joined the Mile High club on my flight with them to Europe last year, this lovely airline has finally seen fit to send me a statement of my travel miles, along with the following email message: "Please open attached file for details and do not reply this email. Thank you!" And get this - the attachment is a MS Word doc. ! Ha :). They're kidding, right? Nope. So that's the state of technology they've reached in customer loyalty programs. What if I just want to add a few million miles to my total? No problem. Cut and paste. Upgrades? No problem. And BTW. The tower instructs all pilots to just " Please Tweet or post a notice to your wall if you believe your plane is going to crash. All air traffic controllers are currently busy on Facebook and Twitter and we appreciate your cooperation." Thank you for flying Vietnam Air!

P.S. I didn't get any extra points for my in-flight activities last time and I should have. I should have earned lifetime airport lounge status and free Scotch, like, for as long as Bernie Madoff's in jail.
blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.