Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Vietnam 1 - Singapore 0

Hanoi: Ten-man Vietnam booked themselves a place in the semi-finals of the AFF Suzuki Cup as Nguyen Vu Phong's solitary strike earned Henrique Calisto's team a 1-0 win over Singapore at My Dinh Stadium on Wednesday evening. Vu Phong's goal gave the Vietnamese their second win of the tournament and ensured the defending champions not only progress to the last four but win Group B ahead of the Philippines. That sets up a semi-final clash with Malaysia while the Philippines, who drew 0-0 with Myanmar in Nam Dinh, will take on Indonesia.

Group B

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts
Vietnam 3 2 0 1 8 3 6
Come and Go Vietnam,  Singapore, Football, Soccer, Motorbikes Philippines 3 1 2 0 3 1 5
Come and Go Vietnam,  Singapore, Football, Soccer, Motorbikes Singapore 3 1 1 1 3 3 4
Come and Go Vietnam,  Singapore, Football, Soccer, Motorbikes Myanmar 3 0 1 2 2 9 1


I am supposed to get to sleep early tonight as I have a conference starting at 8 in the morning but it's 11:30 now and the motorbike parades, honking round and round the roundabouts, flag waving and general carrying on have just begun. Congratulations Vietnam. "Room service? Could I get a bucket of B52s?" I need to knock myself out.
blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.