Saturday, December 11, 2010

Don't follow me. You're too f*$#ing late!

On Thursday I saw a slide-show that tracked the number of years it took different transformational technologies to take hold. It went back to the middle ages and figured how long it took for everyone to understand that Genghis Khan's bow and arrow was a good idea. 75 years, after he had already kicked the world's ass. The steam engine, electricity, the telephone, Radio, TV, even gunpowder - 25 - 50 years. The Internet? 20 years in America. In Vietnam? 5. Five years - beating all responsible projections by like, 400 - 500%. Todd from Golden Digital rocks on that one.

Truth is, most of the logical, projectable world has no freakin idea what's going on. Want an education in digital marketing? Don't go to university and get regurgitated 10-year old stuff by highly degreed head cases who need to validate it, before it becomes dusty old rubbish they can teach you?

Last week we became the #1 blog in Vietnam. Tonight I posted to Reddit a post about Hacktivism and Detri-Viral Marketing and had Reddit tell me within an hour, that I had too many hits already and couldn't submit again to another category. This shite just moves so fast. If you don't like heat, this is the kitchen. Don't stick around. By the time I say it, it's history.

But I'm not in the history business am I? You should not be either. Gotta love it.
blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.