Monday, May 17, 2010

How (NOT) To Write The Best Damn Blog In The World III

I had done a post back in December of last year called "How To Write The Best Damn Blog In The World" and it's high time for an update because I have new info. I now have the secret to "how (NOT) to write that blog" and here it is, with a plain graphic to explain it all to you.


Don't write at all.



It's that simple. The chart here illustrates quite clearly what happens when I don't write at all, which is what has happened over the last week due to things I'll discuss later, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. People like consistency and frequency, and without critiquing my own writing too much, it doesn't seem to matter what I write at all. In fact, the more I write, and the shorter I write, the more traffic I generate, and the more time people spend on the site. A week of 5 quick soundbites sells better than my usual diet of three a week with two short and one long. It's now a 140 character world folks. Get used to it.


But keep writing.

I'll get back to my snarky satirical political commentary, my mawkish poetry and my unabashed romantic reflections with a dash of marketing and social networking thrown in, but I've learned my lesson. I will keep writing. You do too.



For more on blogs, blogging and bloggers, check here:

Advertising People & Blogs - The Travis Diaries VI
How to Write the Best Damn Blog in the World
Throw That Blog a Bone!
If Blogs Are Free Are They Worthless?
What If Gutenberg Had a Blog?
If You Like the Blog, Read the Book>/a>
2008 Annual Report - The Wild Wild East Dailies
Blog Redesign WWED
BarCamp Saigon 2008
Attraction vs. Conversion - How to Power Your Blog




For more on digital marketing and social networking see:

Xing vs. LinkedIn: Round II
Trial and Error: The New Normal
What's Wrong With My Social Networking? Xing vs. LinkedIn I
Low Tech Germany. Who Knew?
Advertising People and Blogs
How to Write the Best Blog in the World
What If Gutenberg Had a Blog?
If Blogs Are Free Does That Make Them Worthless?
Detri-Viral Marketing II: The Top 10 Social Media Blunders
Bright Lights, Big Internet and the WWED
Saigon Digital Marketing Conference Successfully Avoids Plumbers Convention
A Tale of Many Marketing Conferences
Detri-Viral Marketing I: How Web 2.0 Can Go Against A Brand
Marketing Predictions for 2009
Barcamp Saigon 2008
"Ignore Everybody" is Born: A Plug for Hugh MacLeod
Are the Bloggerati Missing the Market? Asia has Risen,
Into the Gapingvoid - Web 2.0 Social Networking Born 20 Years Ago


blog comments powered by Disqus

The Wild Wild East Dailies


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies and keep up on our efforts with aSaigon/CreativeMorning.